MIDENO is in the process of renewing the equipment pool thanks to a Contract Plan Signed with the State, with the objectives to:
Rehabilitate farm access /market and rural roads to facilitate the movement of people and goods.
To facilitate the evacuation of farm produce from the farms to the markets.
It is expected that the following Road Equipment will be acquired by the end of the Contract Plan:
- A motor Grader (already acquired);
- A bulldozer;
- A compactor;
- An Excavator;
- Water tanker;
- Front end Loader;
- 03 pick-up vehicles to facilitate field supervision ( already acquired).
Within an already outdated framework of the Delegated Force Account Agreement between MIDENO and MINTP, a total of 76 km of rural roads out of 96 km was opened in Menchum, Mezam and Momo divisions, representing 79.2% realization.
A lot of work is done opening new roads rather than rehabilitation as stipulated by the said agreement.
Other activities realized within the framework of Rural Inrastructure Development are :
- Tenders for rehabilitations of buildings;
- Construction/rehabilitation dry houses;
- Implementation and acquisition of tractors and motor pumps;
- Connection of water to nurseries;
- Creation of operational pools for road/farm, equipment.