Conducting Development Studies and feasibility studies leading to the design of Development Projects
The last decade, saw a shift in MIDENO’s development intervention strategy with MIDENO’s new intervention architecture characterized by a refocusing of one of its roles from project implementation to:
- Projects conception;
- Sourcing of funding for the projects through the Government
and supervising the implementation of such projects by project implementation units set up in MIDENO;
- Consolidating project achievements to ensure sustainability.
This transformation gives MIDENO ample opportunity to deliver more effectively within the mandate accorded to the Authority at creation.
Achievements in conducting studies leading to the design of Development Projects
The Among the achievements in this area are:
- The Design and effective supervision of the implementation of GP-DERUDEP Phase I Funded by the African Development Bank;
- Carried out feasibility studies leading to the design of GP-DERUDEP Phase two funded by the African Development Bank;
- Conducted feasibility studies leading to the design of the Livestock and Fisheries Development Project which is ongoing;
- An Appraisal Mission of the Islamic Development Bank is currently in Cameroon to appraise and provide complementary funding for GP-DERUDEP Phase two;
- A feasibility study for a Project on Rural Microfinance is ongoing
There are also several project ideas still being processed by MIDENO for feasibility studies in the domains of infrastructures (social and farm infrastructures, climate change impact and renewable energy options, Disaster Risk management, etc.
Currently designing a ToR for impact assessment of its past projects (e.g GP-DERUDEP I and experiences learned will be capitalized